One of our team members has had some discussions about Hybrid Graphics and Linux with developers at Nvidia. As a result of this discussions, consensus emerged that the best way to implement Hybrid Graphic Systems like Optimus is an X11 Extension, as it is not considered part of a kernel module to decide on which device an Xorg call should end.
More info about the X11 extension idea soon.
For more information, join the team subscribe to the mailing list at the bottom of the Launchpad page http://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux Please join this team if you are new by clicking on the "Join Team" link at the right of the Launchpad page. It's important to have as many users in the community as possible to request for appropriate support.
- Improved support for AMD hybrid graphics users
- Bumblebee version 3.0 "Tumbleweed" release
- New bumblebee version nearing release
- Support for mode nvidia/intel models in bbswitch
- bbswitch: new tool to switch on/off nvidia graphic...
- 1000 active members!
- Hybrid Graphics as a X11 extension
- Laptops wishing for better support in 2012
- ▼ January (8)
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (82)